I always bake this delicious blueberry cake whenever summer rolls around. The faint lemon flavor adds a delicious summer feel to it. Not a fan of lemon? You can easily leave this out and add a bit more vanilla.
Wanting to grow your own blueberries? Be sure to check out the blog post that gives you some great tips on growing your own blueberry bushes.
- 1 Cup Butter (Softened)
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1 .5 tsp Baking powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon flavoring
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 Cups **Fresh Blueberries
- 2 Teaspoon Sugar
- 2 Teaspoon Flour
Glaze: Mix this together in a separate bowl for covering cake when done baking.
- 1 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Flavoring
- 2-4 Teaspoon Milk
- Cream butter and 2 Cups sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs to this mixture, one at a time, beating well after each one is added.
- Combine next 5 ingredients: (Flour, Baking Powder, salt, lemon & vanilla flavoring)
- Add the above mixture to the creamed butter & sugar mixture. Alternating the milk with this and mix well.
- Coat blueberries with the 2 teaspoons sugar & 2 teaspoons flour. This will prevent the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the cake! ** Recipe calls for fresh berries but frozen can be used as well!
- Fold the blueberries into the cake mixture. Pour this mixture into a well greased and floured 10 inch tube or Bundt pan. This can also be made in a large round spring foam pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 60-80 minutes depending on pan size. Remove from oven and cover with glaze while still warm.